Monday, February 2, 2009

Hola, Amigos!

Last week we happily traded cold snowy Boston for warm Mexican sun. The trip was somewhat spontaneous, and I am really glad everything worked out the way it did, because we enjoyed every minute of it. It's been a week since we got back, but I'm still drinking Margaritas, been to a Mexican restaurant, and can't stop dreaming about Cancun. I consciously refuse to go back to reality. I'm still in paradise, in spite of the snow everywhere these memories sure are keeping me cozy. Ohhhh....Cancun! We even picked up some basic Spanish, especially Kristina, whose friendliness and social skills did not surprise, as usual (you'll see the evidence below). The craziest thing ever happened when we went into the city and I got off the bus with a girl I went to school with (for 10 years!) back in Ukraine. We were on the same bus, and got off at the same stop, can you believe it?! Talk about perfect timing, and meeting in Mexico! Simply crazy...
Well, here is a little story in pictures, take a look, and imagine you were with us!

Our extremely confident pilot. Yeah, you better believe it, that is exactly how we got there!

I lost my touch with the reality right this minute. What a view!

Tony insisted on blogging this one :)

Every day there was a "do not disturb" minute (or two :)) when Kristina didn't want to be bothered. I think she really understood the meaning of the word "relax" :)
Actually, for the 1s time in her life she was begging for naps as she was getting so tired.

I made a new friend, she happened to be also from Ukraine, but now lives in the States.

Looks like Kristina made a new friend too. That's how she is with people she meets, and as you can see this amigo didn't mind at all :)

Henna tattoo

Kids pool was amazing, heated, with animals and slides all around

:)

Next to the hotel

A view from jacuzzi

Singing at the airport prior to the departure

We will definitely go back there again, no doubts about that...